Sunday, April 7, 2013

Healthy Lifestyle Resolutions

I have never made a New Years resolution that I've kept. And even then I have only really made maybe one or two resolutions. I always have a hard time coming up with one to begin with. So with this diet healthy lifestyle change comes some resolutions. Like a New Years resolution, these healthy lifestyle resolutions will be based on unhealthy habits that need to be changed. Without further ado I give you my healthy lifestyle resolutions...

Alright, I shall start with what I think will be the easiest to change.

Bread. Carbs. Goodbye! I hardly eat bread as it is now, and when I do it's whole wheat. The only way I'm going to be able to accomplish this is if I put my "pinning" to good use. For example, if I want to eat a tuna sandwich I can use cucumber slices instead of bread. Healthy and genius. 

Sleep. Now you may be thinking, "Why isn't sleep the first thing on this list? She's a SAHM with nothing better to do than get to sleep at a reasonable time." Ok so maybe you aren't thinking that, but I am!!! Right now I get a pretty decent amount of sleep. I'm usually in bed by midnight at the latest, and waking up with S around 8. So I get the recommended 8 hours of sleep a night. I just wish I could get one more hour of sleep. That can't be too hard, right?

Salt. I put salt on almost everything that I eat. I blame it on my Dad. Growing up I used to criticize him for putting what seemed like piles of salt on his dinner plate. And now, here I am, doing the same thing. It's borderline disgusting how much I love salt. This could either be easy or way too hard. I'm gonna need some new, less bland recipes. 

Coffee. Oh, my sweet, sweet love. You are going to be the hardest to say goodbye to. I am so proud of myself for not drinking coffee while I was pregnant. I didn't drink any coffee (regular or decaf) almost my entire pregnancy. Around 7 months I decided I couldn't take it anymore and I missed my daily coffee fix. So for the remainder of my pregnancy I had a decaf here and there. Once I had S I was ecstatic to drink a real cup of coffee. Lots of sugar and a little cream. Just the way I like love it. I had that first sip, and was tasting pure bliss. I don't even know how I managed 7 months without it! I have 2 cups in the morning. Every morning. Without fail.  The only way I'm going to be able to rid myself of this morning ritual will be to replace it with another. If only I knew what that was...

There you have it. My top healthy lifestyle resolutions. Let's hope that I can accomplish all of these. Slowly, but surely! What are your healthy lifestyle resolutions?

Still haven't figured out how to fix the word issue. Changing column width didn't fix it. I'm officially losing my mind.

No comments: