Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Jumping On The Bandwagon.

A few weeks ago I had the bright idea of starting my own blog. I thought to myself, "you read so many blogs why don't you start one of your own and join this fabulous online community?" But then I started to think a little deeper about how complicated it would be. Everything that is in between the lines. You know... The layout, the sponsors, the followers, and most of all the writing. After all it's the writing that gets you those followers and sponsors. So I stepped back and thought maybe I should just continue being a reader and nothing more.

Well a couple weeks went by and I was still thinking about how fun it looked to have your own blog. It seemed as if all of the blogs I read were speaking to me. Everyone was posting about blogging 101, how they got their start, and how to not be intimidated of all the "more popular" bloggers. Then I came along this great quote... "Do not compare your beginning to someone else's middle." Brilliant. That is exactly what I have been doing. I can't start a blog and the very next day have 5000+ followers. Everyone starts with zero followers. Everyone. So what am I afraid of? I'm doing this.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Mary! Thank you for the comment on my blog! :) I actually blogged for TWO whole years about my life, design, living in a small apartment, my wedding, holidays, etc. on a different blog before I started Little Baby Garvin. I took it down now, but I posted almost every other day and ended up with almost 500 followers in the end! But for the longest time, I was sure I was just talking to myself :) So good for you starting your blog, it really is so much fun!
XOXO